A feminine sufferer was sexually assaulted by a male, unknown to her, who supplied to provide her a journey dwelling from Dewdney Ave.
Round 2:40 a.m. on Sept. 17, the sufferer was leaving a enterprise within the 2200 block of Dewdney Avenue and approached the road of taxis and Ubers parked outdoors on the road.
After getting in a car and giving her vacation spot deal with, the driving force started travelling in a unique course from the deal with and continued to journey to the sting of the town.
It’s believed the suspect driver stopped the car close to Pinkie Highway, the place the suspect sexually assaulted the sufferer. He then drove her to the deal with she initially offered and dropped her off.
Police are on the lookout for any info to help within the investigation and are cautioning individuals who take taxis or use ridesharing choices to:
- Make sure the car has a visual meter that’s monitoring the price of the journey.
- Ask the driving force for credentials or identification related to their enterprise.
- When potential, guide the journey on an app or by cellphone, and ensure your identify with the driving force earlier than getting within the car.
- Make a security plan if you’re travelling alone (Instance: notify somebody of your anticipated arrival.)
- All the time report suspicious autos or drivers to police.
Police additionally need to commend the sufferer for having the braveness to report the incident.
Anybody with info that might help police on this sexual assault investigation is requested to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
Regina sees rash of restaurant break-ins with over 6 institutions hit
© 2022 World Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.